Our House Week 1 Guide
Front Door | April 23 – April 29, 2017
Series Big Idea
God’s wisdom, understanding, and knowledge can help us build rare and beautiful relationships.
Message Big Idea
Wise boundaries build life-giving relationships.
Scripture: Galatians 6:2-5
Ice Breaker and Opening Thoughts
1. Talk about a time when someone unexpected showed up at your front door.
2. We will be discussing how our “front door” acts as a healthy boundary in our personal lives. What do you think of when you hear the phrase healthy boundaries?
3. What do you notice about this passage? What questions does it raise?
4. What is the difference between a “load” and a “burden?”
5. Give some examples of “extra burdens” we may have in our lives.
6. Do you think we can help “too much” when “carry each other’s burdens? Why or why not? What are some of the consequences of helping too much?
7. The two key aspects of boundaries are; to love others without rescuing them; and learning to confront them in love – With that in mind why do you think it is so difficult to set boundaries with others in our lives?
8. Have you ever known a life-giving person? What about a life-stealing person? What qualities are needed to make a life-giving person? How about a life-stealing person?
Is there someone in your life with whom you need to set boundaries? What seems to be the biggest obstacle to setting those boundaries?