We're all on a journey toward finding our way back to God, and we'd love for you to join us at COMMUNITY Christian Church. Located in the north side neighborhood of Edgewater, we exist to help people in the city find their way back to God. Check out the info below to learn more about what's going on, and don't hesitate to contact us.
There are many ways that you can help bless the kids in our neighborhood this summer. From serving breakfast with the summer food program and providing daily activities for kids, to hosting basketball tournaments in partnership with the Chicago Police Department - there are many opportunities for you to get involved. Please email us if you'd like to know more.
You're invited to a BBQ on Montrose Beach next Sunday, June 23 from 3pm to 7pm. If your last name begins with A-M, then bring a dessert and if N-Z then bring a side or salad. We'll have a volleyball tournament and great food. There will also be an opportunity for baptisms in Lake Michigan. It's not too late - so if you're interested in getting baptized, please email us.
This week our NEW small groups gather to share a meal, discuss faith, life and get to know each other more. Being a church that truly is God's family can't just happen on Sundays. Check out a small group this week and start getting connected today.
- Committed Couples' Group: MONDAY, June 17 at 7:30pm - HERE, #1
- Sam & Liz Wright’s Group: TUESDAY, June 18 at 7:30pm - HERE, Wright #704
- Rich & Dori Gorman’s Group: WEDNESDAY, June 19 at 6:30pm - HERE, #2
- All-American Nursing Home Group: THURSDAY, June 20 at 6pm - HERE
- Artists’ Group: THURSDAY, June 20 at 7:30pm - HERE, Lakin 2nd Fl
How would you live differently if you were absolutely confident that you were a part of God's family? Joseph knew that he belonged to God and that God belonged to him, so he was able to love the people that "no mored" him and to stop the ripple effect of "no moring" others. If you'd like to hear more, be sure to check out our podcast and don't forget this week's COMMUNITY Bible Experience.
We're starting all NEW small groups this week and we'd love for you to get connected. Pick a group based on the day/time, location or topic - but be sure to take advantage of this chance to meet someone new and take one more step in this journey of finding our way back to God. Here are the groups that are starting this week:
- Committed Couples Group: MONDAY, June 10 at 7:30pm - HERE, #1
- Sam & Liz Wright’s Group: TUESDAY, June 11 at 7pm - HERE, #704
- Rich & Dori Gorman’s Group: WEDNESDAY, June 12 at 6:30pm - HERE, #2
- New Parents Group: THURSDAY, June 13 at 9:30am - HERE, #2
- All-American Nursing Home Group: THURSDAY, June 13 at 6pm - HERE
- Artists’ Group: THURSDAY, June 13 at 7:30pm - HERE, Lakin 2nd Fl