Week 4 – Awaken to Your Power
Jan 24-30, 2021
Lord, awaken us to the responsibility of your mission and the power you have given us to carry it out.
If you were independently wealthy and didn’t have to work, how would you spend your time?
In this series, we are challenging each other to be awakened to the mission of God. Maybe we’ve been just going through the motions. Perhaps we’ve only dedicated our “free” time to the mission. Maybe we’ve been asleep to what God has been doing in our midst. Now is a time for a call to action. It’s time to wake up! It’s time to accept the mission and go forward with the faith and knowledge that the power to accomplish it will come from the Holy Spirit
- Read Acts 1:8 together as a group. How does this verse make you feel? Why?
- What do you think is meant by “power” that we would receive from the Holy Spirit? What responsibility comes with this power?
- Read 1 Corinthians 2:3-5. How would you put this passage in your own words?
- Helping people find their way back to God is our mission as Christ-followers. How would you explain what this mission means to someone who has never heard the gospel before?
- What is the most challenging part of living out the mission for you? Or can you describe a time when the mission was difficult? What are the obstacles?
- This week’s message stressed the urgency of our mission. Why is the mission of Jesus an urgent one?
- In the message this week, we were reminded of the B.L.E.S.S. Practices when helping others find their way back to God. Discuss some creative and yet practical ways we can live this out, even in our current circumstances.
In Luke 12:48, it says, “From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” With this in mind, focus on the following prayer this week and be open to where God wants you to be and what actions he is encouraging you to take in his mission – “Lord, awaken us to the responsibility of your mission and the power you have given us to carry it out.”