Search Me | Jan 8 – 14, 2017
Series Big Idea
God’s dream for you is to be a fully engaged Christ-follower, to be on adventure with Jesus that is daring, life-changing, full of purpose. If you’re ready for something more, start praying dangerous prayers.
Message Big Idea
Lord, search me so that I can know my own heart.
Icebreaker and Opening Thought
1. If you could choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
2. This week’s dangerous prayer is about asking God to show us what we are really like. Share a time when you learned something new about yourself.
3. Read Psalm 139 as a group and share the words and phrases that stand out to you. Why do they stick out to you? What questions, if any, do they raise?
4. David prays, “Search me.” What is dangerous about praying this same prayer?
5. Prayer is not just talking to God, it’s also listening to God. Is the idea of listening to God new? If so what questions do you have? If not, how have you been able to listen to God in the past?
6. When we listen to God we may experience his love more fully. We might become more aware of ways we are hurting others or ourselves. We might also receive a new purpose and direction for our lives. How do you hope to hear from God this year?
7. Complete the 3C Spiritual Growth Plan available online.
8. This week spend some time in reflective listening prayer. Write down your thoughts and hopes for the year, and make sure to write down anything you think God is revealing to you. If you’re comfortable, share that with the group next week.