Taste | May 6 – May 12, 2018
Series Big Idea
The Bible is God’s Word given to us for daily nourishment. In this series, we will challenge one another to grow in our relationship with God by feeding ourselves with His Word every day.
Message Big Idea
God’s Word is to our spiritual wellness what food is to our physical wellness.
Psalm 119:97-104 – God’s word is sweeter than honey.
Ice Breaker & Opening Thought
- Think of someone you love. If you could prepare a perfect meal for this person, what would it be?
- For three weeks we will focus on feeding ourselves from God’s Word. Just like eating food for physical nourishment, we taste, chew and digest the Word for the nourishment of our soul. This week we focus on taste – “How sweet are your words to my taste” (Psalm 119:103). Recount a time when God’s Word was like honey to your soul. Can you recall a favorite Bible verse that you’ve read or heard before? Explain.
- Read Psalm 119:97-104. Describe how the author feels about God’s Word. How has ingesting God’s Word changed the author?
- Has there been a time in your life when God’s Word caused you to choose a better path?
- It’s easy to see and feel if your physical body is nourished, but how would you tell if your soul was malnourished? Would you be able to tell if someone else’s soul was malnourished?
- Think of a Christ-follower you admire personally or from afar. What is it about them that you admire?
- What will it take for you to go further in your spiritual walk with Jesus?
- Do you have a favorite Bible App or Bible you like to read from? What will inspire you to read every day
Make it a goal to read the Bible every day this week. Feel free to use a Bible App like YouVersion or readscripture.org. Or sign up for the COMMUNITY Bible Reading plan. Also, look into signing up for Community’s “How to Read the Bible” workshop or even go as a group.