Finding Financial Freedom
Week 1 | Less is More
March 6, 2022
We can find freedom in our finances by replacing the lie that “more is better” with the truth that “less is more.
- How have you been able to B.L.E.S.S. someone this last week?
- What do you value the most in your life?
- We live in a highly consumeristic culture that consistently sells us more. The core message is that having more is what you need. How do you navigate or think through the consistent messaging that we need more?
- Read Ecclesiastes 4:4-6. Why do you think the author connects toil and achievement to envy? How would you put these passages in your own words?
- Read Luke 12:13-21. Focus on verse 15. The man in the parable talks to himself; he plans for himself and congratulates himself – he lives for himself. Compare these passages to Luke 9:25. How would you summarize Jesus’ teaching?
- Read Romans 12:1-2. How does the world around us think about money? How does that compare and contrast with what Jesus says about money?
- What do you find the most difficult about the teachings of Jesus on money?
- If we conformed less to an American cultural way of relating to money and were transformed by Jesus’ teaching on money, what difference do you think it would make in your life? What have you found already? What do you think you would experience?
- What steps do you feel challenged to take to relate differently to your money or wealth? See the COMMUNITY website for resources and tools to help at communitychristian.info. What tools like helpful to you?