Finding Financial Freedom
Week 3 | Giving is Good
March 20, 2022
We can experience the truth of Jesus’ words, “It is more blessed to give than to receive,” when we trust God and give.
- Whom have you been able to B.L.E.S.S. this week?
- If you were a flavor of ice cream, which flavor would you be?
- Read Acts 20:32-35. Have you ever experienced the idea that “it is more blessed to give than receive?” Elaborate.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-7. How would you describe the spirit of generosity in the Macedonian Church Paul highlights in these verses?
- Read Malachi 3:8-10. In the agricultural world of Israel, they would bring a tenth of their harvest to the temple to support its work. The text says, bring the “whole tithe,” which suggests there was some half-hearted giving. What does it mean to “test the Lord” in this matter?
- If it is more blessed to give than receive, how satisfied are you with the generosity you show?
- We can show generosity in all areas of our life: time, talent, and finances. When it comes to trusting God with finances, is that a struggle for you or are you growing in that area?
- One of the topics Jesus addressed most often is our relationship with money. Why do you think that is?
- We’ve been challenged to step forward in financial generosity in this series. What would be a good step for you? How might you “test the Lord?”
- How can we open up this part of our lives to others for more accountability? What might we do individually or as a group?
- For additional financial resources, click here.