Generous Together | Mar 18 – Mar 24, 2018
Series Big Idea
We are genetically wired to be generous.
Message Big Idea
When we join together as one, our generosity changes the world.
Icebreaker & Opening Thoughts
- What gift have you received that you will always treasure?
- Generosity has the power to turn the world upside down. In what ways large or small have you seen generosity make a difference in the life of a person, family, or community?
- Read Acts 4:32-35. What is attractive to you about the community described in these verses? Why?
- God wants generosity for us, not from us. This means God wants us to experience the joy of generosity rather than treating generosity as a duty. On a scale of 1 – 10 with 1 representing duty and 10 representing joy, how would you describe your relationship with generosity? Describe.
- What are some you’ve seen God at work in the last two years through the ONE Initiative? If you have recently come to COMMUNITY, are there any other stories you’ve heard you could share? If you don’t attend COMMUNITY, what are some ways you have seen God at work through the generosity of others?
- How have you been challenged personally through this season of our church or how have you been challenged to be generous as a result of this series?
- What will you do to continue to grow in your generosity? (This can include finances, serving, and relationships.)
When we think about generosity, it all starts with God. He initiated the most generous act in human history by sending his Son to die on a cross. He gave up everything for us and withheld nothing. So as a group, let’s keep looking for ways to encourage one another to be generous so we can show the world the riches of God’s mercy revealed in Jesus.