The Mission | Aug 27 – Sept 2, 2017
Series Big Idea
We have been entrusted with the mission of helping people find their way back to God.
Message Big Idea
To carry out our mission, we have to understand the mission.
Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 3:1-24, 2 Corinthians 5:17-20 NIRV
Ice Breaker & Opening Thought
- Play “Last 3” – What are the last three emoji’s you used? What are the last three pictures you took with your phone?
- What does “Helping people find their way back to God,” mean to you?
2 Corinthians 5:17-20
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-20. What did you notice for the first time? What questions did it raise for you?
- What could it mean to be reconciled to God?
- Paul states “we are ambassadors for Christ,” what do you think makes a good ambassador for Christ?
The ftwb or “finding their way back” in hpftwbtG, is about finding our way back home to God.
- We often chase other interests or replace our desire for God with other passions. In what ways are you tempted to pursue other things ahead of God?
- If you have found your way back to God, where do you think God wants you to be His ambassador?
If we call ourselves followers of Jesus, we are also given a mission – to be an ambassador of Jesus. This is the “HP,” or “Helping People,” in “hpftwbtG.” Who are five people you could invite to church? Encourage each other with stories, and close in prayer.