Big Idea Series – How to BLESS Your Neighbor
Week 1 – The Jesus Mission
Aug 4 – 10, 2019
Message Big Idea
Jesus’ mission is to help people find their way back to God, and he lived out the B.L.E.S.S. practices showing us how to live that mission too.
Icebreaker & Opening Thought
- Who has been a person who has blessed your life?
- pening thought: The mission of our church is helping people find their way back to God. That means we are all part of it, all the time. It might be challenging to think about our role in that mission. If we’re not sure what it looks like to be “on mission” then we might be hoping people find their way back to God rather than helping pftwbtG. What is the difference between hoping and helping? Explain.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. What is Jesus saying about God’s mission and our role in it?
- Read Genesis 12:1-3 and Galatians 3:7-9. God has always wanted his people to be blessed to be a blessing to others. What do you think about that insight?
- Review the BLESS practices; they represent a simple strategy for living our everyday lives on mission. Which of these practices come most naturally to you?
- Which practices are challenging for you?
- Is the notion of living your whole life “on mission” a new one for you? If you started living your life in that way, what would be different about your life?
- Who could you BLESS in your life now? Are there specific ways you could serve them?
Living the BLESS practices is not about adding another “thing” to your calendar, but it’s a prayerful and generous posture toward the world that looks for opportunities to serve others and share the story of how Jesus is changing our lives. This week, let’s pray that God would show us how we can BLESS the people in our lives.