Jesus Is . . .
Week 2 | Jesus is Gentle
April 24, 2022
Jesus is gentle. In Jesus, we find grace and new beginnings.
- Have you been able to B.L.E.S.S. anyone this week? Is there someone you could B.L.E.S.S. this next week?
- What are you looking forward to in the next few months of life?
- Read Matthew 11:28-30. The passage says Jesus is gentle. What do you think it means that Jesus is gentle in light of these verses?
- Read John 7:53 – 8:11. What do you notice in these passages? What questions does it raise for you?
- How do you see Jesus being gentle in this story? What other qualities do you see that go hand in hand with his gentleness?
- Read John 3:16-17. Jesus didn’t come to condemn the world but to restore it. Does that statement surprise you? Why or why not?
- We might not use the word condemnation every day, but we regularly face judgment, criticism, and evaluation from others and even ourselves. Where do you experience criticism, judgment, or condemnation in your everyday life?
- What would it look like for our small group to be gentle with one another and others?
- If Jesus were to write you a love letter, what do you think it would say? This week, let’s reflect on the Matthew and John passages and write out what we think Jesus might say to us. Next week, we’ll share any insights we’ve gained.