Week 2 | “Manage Me Well!”
July 18 – 24, 2021
If money could talk, money would say, “I actually can make you happy (if you manage me well).”
Icebreaker & Opening Thought
- What purchase have you made that you now look at as silly? Explain and have fun.
- What do you think about the statement that money can make us happy if we manage it well? What is the relationship between money and happiness?
- Read Matthew 25:14-30. What observations do you notice about these passages? What relevance does it have to our topic of money?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:10. What does the phrase “love of money” mean? In what ways are you tempted to “love money?”
- Read Psalm 24:1-2. This passage tells us that God is the owner of everything, implying we are managers of what God owns? What is the difference between being an owner and a manager?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, with one being not so good and ten being perfectly satisfied, how satisfied are you with the way you are managing your money right now?
- Pastor Andy Stanley said, “What you do with your resources is a direct reflection of whose you are. If you belong solely to yourself, that’s a very small life.” What do you think your spending habits say about you?
The message challenged us to spy on our money and track how much we’re spending and where it’s spent. What do you think about taking on the 30 Day tracking challenge? For those that already budget well, what step could you take to grow in your money management?