Week 1 | “Give Me Away!”
July 11 – 17, 2021
If money could talk, money would say, “You are your truest self when you give me away.”
Icebreaker & Opening Thought
- What is the most extravagant gift you’ve ever given or received?
- Generosity is the impulse of love. When we see an act of generosity, we see love in motion. Love needs an outlet, which is why husbands send flowers to their wives and grandmas serve cake to their grandkids for breakfast. What do you think about the statement that generosity is the impulse of love? Have you ever experienced that?
- Read 1 John 4:7-8. What do you notice about this passage? What is it saying about God?
- Read Acts 4:32-35. Why do you think this would feel like love in motion? What feelings does it evoke to give? What feelings does it evoke to receive?
- Read Matthew 22:37-38. What do you think it means to love your neighbor? What are the specific acts and actions that come to mind?
- What do you think about the statement, “Generosity is a way we love people in the world. Generosity is a way we love people in the church. Generosity is the way we love God”?
- Who in your life do you think models generosity as an expression of love? What are some examples?
- In what ways would you like to grow in generosity?
- Over the next week, spend some time reflecting on the last question. As we move through this series, let’s ask God to grow in us a heart of love – love for God and love for people. Let’s let Him work in our hearts to form the impulse of generosity.