Healing Prayer | Feb 18 – Feb 24, 2018
Series Big Idea
Through the posture and practice of prayer, we can experience God’s mountain-moving power.
Message Big Idea
Jesus still heals today.
What was is one thing that fills you up?
We’ve been talking about how we can pray for God to move our mountains, how those mountains can be large or small, financial, emotional, physical, or any combination between. Prayer moves God in mysterious ways, but it also moves us when we open ourselves up to it.
- Read Matthew 17:14-20, what stood out to you?
- Read John 14:1-14, what promises do you find in this passage?
- Have you ever prayed for healing? What was that experience like?
- How do you feel about praying for healing? Is it comfortable or uncomfortable? Explain, please.
- Often we pray without asking to consider what the person we’re praying for wants or needs, so we developed an acronym to help us remember this process:
H – How?
E – Explain
A – Ask
L – Listen
Which letter of the HEAL acronym sounds the most comfortable for you to practice? Which is the most uncomfortable?
- Break up into smaller groups of two to three people and ask each other: How is your “mountain” faring? Are you in need of someone to pray for you? Spend some time praying for each other.
As we continue the 21 days of prayer and fasting, take some time to think about how that has been for you. If it’s been hard or you’ve slipped in practicing, is there some way you can press ‘refresh’ and start over? What encouragement do you need?