Kids Room | April 30 – May 6, 2017
Series Big Idea
God’s wisdom, understanding, and knowledge can help us build rare and beautiful relationships.
Message Big Idea
Understanding children can equip us to help them become all God created them to be.
Ice Breaker and Opening Thoughts
What’s the worst parenting advice you’ve ever had someone give you or to someone around you?
1. Read Proverbs 22:6, what stood out to you? How does this fit with your experience of children or teenagers?
2. Read Mark 9:35-37, what struck you about this story?
3. What stakes did Jesus set up with his radical welcome of children?
4. Did you have an adult or two who embraced you as a child or teen? How did their presence or absence affect you?
5. Was there a phase in which being listened to, affirmed, and understood was/would have been vitally important to you?
6. What are some truths that deeply affected you that you’d like to pass onto other children or teens? Or are there affirmations about their worth and value that you could be uniquely gifted (from your life circumstances, gifts, occupations, hobbies, etc…) to value in them?
7. How can we model our faith to the young people in our lives? Are there steps we need to take to be good faith role models?
Pick two ways to invest in the young people around you this week. It might be someone else’s child or your own, but commit to making two concrete plans to embrace, understand, and model this week.