Week 3 – Becoming Like Jesus Part 2
Mar 14 – 20, 2021
Apprenticing with Jesus involves reorienting our lives around three relationships, including Loving People in the Church.
Ice Breaker & Opening Thought
- What do you look for in others when trying to make new friends? What are some of your personal or family values?
- The pandemic has been tough on a lot of us. It has affected each one of us in different ways. One of the ways it has affected us is in our relationships with others. We have been away from friends and family for so long, and even though we find creative ways to stay connected, there have been barriers to find human connection with others. How do you feel this reality has affected you and your family?
- Read John 13:1-17. Why do you think Jesus had no problem with performing one of the lowest acts of service to his apprentices? What does this tell us about loving others?
- Read John 17:20-23. Jesus prays that those who follow him would be one just as he and the Father are one. What implications does this prayer have in our interactions with others? How can we live united in an environment where there is so much division?
- What do you think are some of the reasons serving and loving others seem so challenging?
- In this week’s message, we talked about two practical ways we can Connect with others. One of them is through Small Groups, and the other is by serving others in the church. What has been your experience in small groups?
- Are you currently or have ever served on a team? What was refreshing about it? What was challenging about it?
- John 13:34 tells us that others will know we are followers of Jesus when we show we love each other in the church. It is helpful to think about it as being part of a family. This is for everyone! How can you refresh your commitment to love others in the church? What is one practical next step in your walk with Jesus to move closer to loving others in the church?