The State of the Church
Vision Sunday 2021
May 2 – 8, 2021
Looking back, God has faithfully led us through a challenging year, and his mission advanced. Looking ahead, God is calling us to make the most of the opportunities as a Hybrid Church.
Ice Breaker & Opening Thought
- If you had the opportunity to travel into space, would you go? Why or why not?
- In the last year, our church has become a hybrid church of people meeting in person and online for services, meetings, and small groups. In what ways have you participated in our hybrid church?
- Read Ephesians 5:15-16. What do you think it means to make the most of every opportunity? What kinds of opportunities exist for the church in 2021 and beyond?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:7. God has given us a Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. Which of those would you like to have more of right now? Why? Do you think we need more power, love, or self-discipline to make the most of every opportunity?
- We are now a hybrid church, which means we are one church with four expressions. Those expressions are our Community locations, Community Online, Community Freedom, and 3C Communities. Which of those expressions are you most familiar with, and which do you feel like you need information?
- In what expression of COMMUNITY could you see yourself getting more involved? What steps would you like to take?
- Dave Ferguson shared a picture of the current financial outlook at COMMUNITY. Because of the generosity of so many attenders we’ve lived under 85% of our budget (see more stats in the Leader’s Guide). Was there anything about that picture that was unclear to you?
- For COMMUNITY to step into the opportunities before us and project a realistic budget to go after these four expressions, Dave has asked everyone to prayerfully consider helping to close the opportunity gap with a one-time gift or by automating your giving. Would you everyone commit to praying about that?