From Blessed to Blessing | Oct 28 – Nov 3, 2018
Message Big Idea
“Turn the Page” by seeing all that you’ve been given as a blessing meant to bless the world.
Ice Breaker & Opening Thought
- How old were you when you first moved out of your home? Where did you move?
- What are your current Bible reading habits? Share with the group what your experience has been like. Have you engaged with scripture through the week via the Turn the Page Bible Experience?
- Read Genesis 12:1-5, 15:1-21. What did you notice for the first time or what questions do you have?
- In your own words, what could it mean that you are “Blessed to be a Blessing”?
- Reread 15:5. Do you think of yourself as one of Abraham’s offspring? Why or Why not?
- What is your experience with the BLESS practices?
- What would it look like for you to implement the BLESS practices in your neighborhood, workplace, or spheres of influence?
- Who will you be intentional about blessing this week?
“Sin is not simply the breaking of a law; it is the missing of an opportunity.” –N.T. Wright
At COMMUNITY we encourage everyone to join this mission by the BLESS practices. Close your group time by writing the names of the people you intend to BLESS on a card that so that you can be praying for each other. Be sure to follow up next week with each person.
Sign up for the Turn the Page Bible Experience. Visit communitychristian.org/bible to sign up and catch up on previous readings and podcasts.