What Do Christians Really Believe?
Week 5 | About The Holy Spirit
Nov 7 – 13, 2021
We believe the Holy Spirit is God himself taking up residence in us to empower us to follow King Jesus in the ways of his Kingdom.
- Statistics show that, as humans, we show interest in the supernatural. Why do you think that is?
- When you hear about the Holy Spirit, what comes to mind? Is the Holy Spirit a topic that is familiar or new to you? Explain.
- Read John 14:15-17. Here Jesus is talking to his disciples and tells them that the Father will send another advocate. Why do you think this is significant for the disciples? What does Jesus mean when he says “another advocate”?
- There are a few passages that represent the Spirit as a dove, wind, and fire. But we are learning that the Spirit is a person. How does that change your view of the Spirit?
- In Genesis 1, we are told the Spirit was present at creation, Joel 2:28-29 foretold about the pouring of the Spirit, and then we see it happen in Acts 2. This is a
- Read Acts 1:8. What does it mean to have the power of God? Where have you seen it present?
- Take a moment and reflect: what’s something new that I learned about the Holy Spirit today? Please take a moment a write them down. How can you be more open to the Holy Spirit in your life?
- Based on what I learned today, what needs to change in me? What is God asking me to do as a response to the Spirit?