Big Idea Series – The World’s Gone Mad
Week 2 – Mad at Us
July 14 – 20, 2019
Message Big Idea
God matures us as a community when we extend grace.
The church is the gathering of Christ-followers who come together to form a community of worship and mission. Conflict is inevitable, and we are called to forgive and make every effort to reconcile our differences to unite around his mission – to be a community whose shared life and message communicates the good news of Jesus to the world.
- Read Matthew 5:23-24. What is Jesus telling us in this section of the Sermon on the Mount? Who do you think is responsible for bringing about reconciliation?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:14, 18-19. Rephrase what you think this means in your own words.
- Read Ephesians 4:3. How would you define unity?
- When someone makes you mad, how do you typically respond – fight or flight? Share an example from your life with the group.
- Why does Jesus call us, Christ followers, to be the ones to seek reconciliation? When might that be hard for you to do?
- What values do you think a unified church community portrays? What behaviors might lead to disunity?
- When we talk about the “Jesus Mission,” what do you think that looks like in your everyday life? Where do you see your role in that mission?
- What are the relationships in your life that need reconciliation? How can you “make every effort” to bring peace and reconciliation? What are the barriers to unity in those relationships?
Conflict is inevitable, but how we respond as Christ-followers will make the difference. We are called to both “GO” and “LOVE” and to accomplish that, we must join together. Focus on where you can extend grace to help create unity and further the Jesus Mission this week.