Week 2 | Mental Health and Your Kids Part 1: Anxiety and Depression
May 21, 2023
Jesus came to bring a YOU+ life that offers healing to your children.
Psalm 69: 1-2,19-20; Deuteronomy 31:8; Psalm 147:2-6; Ephesians 3:14-19
- Who are the children or students you care about? Feel free to share a picture if you have one.
- What is the most memorable funny moment you remember one of these children or students doing?
Jesus came to bring healing to us all, including the children and students in our lives. He is our light and our foothold in a darkened world. Let’s look at a few Scriptures that support this truth.
- Read Psalm 69:1-2 and 69:19-20. What do you think the writer of this psalm, David, was experiencing when he wrote this? Who else in the Bible experienced similar circumstances and emotions?
- Read Deuteronomy 31:8. How does this promise encourage you today?
- Read Psalm 147:2-6 and list all the things God does on our behalf. Which action stands out to you the most and why?
- The fact that David cried out to God in his distress speaks of his faith and trust in God. In what ways are you currently putting your trust in God into action? How can you pass this action of trusting God onto the children and students you care about?
- In this week’s message, Dr. Chinwé Williams highlighted the importance of showing up for the children and students we care about. What does/could this look like for you?
- How has the epidemic of mental health challenges affected you and the children and students you care about? Re-read Psalm 69:1-2 and 19-20. How might you identify with what David is experiencing?
- Prayer is a powerful tool that ushers in the hope and healing of Jesus. Read Ephesians 3:14-19 and replace every “you” / “your” with the name of someone you care about who needs to know how much God loves them.