Generosity Profiles | Mar 11 – Mar 17, 2018
Series Big Idea
We are genetically wired to be generous.
Message Big Idea
We’re all wired for generosity, but we express it in various ways.
Icebreaker & Opening Thoughts
- If someone gave you $10,000, how would you spend it?
- What kind of personal assessments have you taken, and what have you learned about yourself? Some examples are a Myers-Briggs, DISC, or COMMUNITY’s LifeMap.
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-7. How would you put this passage into your own words?
- How have you experienced this reaping and sowing principle in your life and your relationships with others?
- Take a few moments and take the generosity survey at mygenprofile.com. Once you’ve completed the assessment click on your primary and secondary profile description. Make sure to read all the sections of the profile including the shadow side, the growth challenge, and the challenge verse for each profile. You can read about the other profiles too here.
- Looking back on your life, can you see where this profile has been true or false in your generosity journey?
- In what ways might you grow in generosity in accordance with your profile (consider financial, serving, and relational forms of generosity)?
All of us should be encouraged to recognize the ways we are wired to reflect our generous God. Every one of these profiles is good! Understanding how we are wired can help us grow into people who sow generously. The hope and prayer for this series, is we become more generous, just like the one who gave everything for us.