Generous Together | Mar 24 – Mar 29, 2018
Series Big Idea
We are genetically wired to be generous.
Message Big Idea
We grow as we stretch ourselves beyond our genetic generosity.
Have you ever taken a really dumb online test? What’s your favorite? What motivates us to take those?
We are wired for generosity because we’re made in the image of a generous God. Yet, we’ve learned that this wiring shows up in different ways. We have different motivations for being generous.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-15, what stood out to you?
- What adjectives could you use to describe the Macedonians? The Corinthians?
- Reread verse 8, what could it look like to excel in the grace of giving in your life? In your work place? In your community?
- Reread verse 9, what did Jesus’ generosity look like?
- If you haven’t taken the Generosity Profile yet, please do so now through the COMMUNITY App or at mygenprofile.com. If you don’t have internet access, review the Generosity Profile description sheets to see which profile you can most relate to. Share with your group your profile. What do you think of it? In what ways does it feel accurate and inaccurate?
- Each profile comes not just with strengths, but also shadows, blind spots that we might not even be aware of. These could be an unexamined motivation, or a chance to stretch and grow that we haven’t realized. Reread your profile. In what ways do you see yourself in the shadow side description? What might other shadow sides of your profile?
- What are some ways you could partner with someone in your group who has a strength that compliments your growth areas (and vice versa) that you could then help each other stretch and give more?
Spend time as a group dreaming about how you’d like to become generous in the coming year. How could you stretch yourself concerning finances, relationships, and serving? Make a plan to give back and end your group praying for each other’s goals.