Profiles in Courage
Week 3 | Esther: For Such a Time at This
July 24, 2022
God has a purpose for you right here, right now. Courageously step into it!
- How have you been able to B.L.E.S.S. others recently?
- Describe yourself using only three words, but you can’t use sentences to explain them.
- Go around the room and summarize the story of Esther and its highlights. Have a Bible or two open for moments when you are stuck. Don’t worry about every detail, but hit the highlights of her situation.
- Does Esther seem like an unlikely hero? Why or why not?
- What was Esther risking in the story?
- Often our personality, talents, and skills seem like an afterthought, but each of them uniquely enables us to do God’s work. You are who you, where you are, and when you are for a purpose. What is something unique about you that others might not realize?
- Think about your circles of influence. What purpose might God have for you in all or even one of them?
- Has something been holding you back from accepting God’s invitation to be a courageous member of God’s work?
- Make a list of five people you would like to B.L.E.S.S. How can your group be praying with you and for you as you live courageously in your everyday life?
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.” Marianne Williamson, “A Return to Love”