What Do Christians Really Believe?
Week 3 | About God’s People
Oct 17 – Oct 23, 2021
We believe that sin is what fractures our relationship with God, each other, and the world, but God never gives up on his dream of a Kingdom community.
- How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
- All of us attempt to make significant changes or improve our lives on our own, relying on our own way of seeing things or ignoring advice from others. Have you ever felt determined to do something on your own, but you should have asked for help? Tell us about it.
- Read 1 Samuel 8. What do you notice in this chapter? How would you explain the meaning in your own words?
- Read Genesis 12:1-4. God called Abram to risk a great deal to follow Him. For what purpose?
- Contrast Abram’s response to God with the demands of the Israelites in 1 Samuel. Where do you see a faithful response?
- Over and over, the people of God have insisted on doing things their own way rather than following God. God responds with compassion, but ultimately the people suffer the consequences of their decisions. In what ways do we do the same thing as the people of God?
- What are some things that you rely on instead of trusting God’s wisdom and guidance? How can you take steps to trust God instead? How can you support others as they do the same?
- What is one thing you can do individually or as a group to rely on God this week?