What Do Christians Really Believe?
Week 6 | About The Church
Nov 14 – 20, 2021
We believe the church is God’s Kingdom community, joined together in allegiance to King Jesus and called to live out shared practices that help more and more people find their way back to God.
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- One of the most frequent metaphors for the church in the Bible is family. What does it mean to call the church family?
- Read Ephesians 2:19-22. What do you notice in these passages? What metaphors are used? What is this passage saying about the church? What does it say about God?
- Read Genesis 1:27, Exodus 40:34, Matthew 1:23, and Revelation 21:3 by assigning each passage to a different group member. Take turns reading each passage. In what ways do these passages build on or reinforce the passage from Ephesians?
- God has decided to work with, among, and through creation and his people. Why do you think God chose to operate in this way?
- Our ability to grow as a family depends on how well we connect and seek to have good conversations beyond sports and Netflix. In what ways does our small group do that well? How could we get better at it?
- God wants to work through us to help people find their way back to God. The B.L.E.S.S. practices are our church’s strategy to make that clear to understand and practice. How familiar are you with the B.L.E.S.S. practices? What has been your experience living them out?
- Do you have anyone in your life you are trying to B.L.E.S.S.? How can the group be helpful to you to B.L.E.S.S. others? Is there some way the group can B.L.E.S.S. others together? Brainstorm some ideas, and then make a plan to do it.